Monday, August 11, 2008

2008-08-11 (Mon)

Well, you might say Mother Nature put a damper on things with the dampness. Yesterday afternoon's practice was cancelled, and this afternoon's practice - the last to be held in Jackson (afka LeFleur's Bluff) - was moved up to 1:30. In other words, no more camp reports. But, as Pierre Thomas would say, "Ce'st la vie, mon frere." However, now that I think about it, it just would not have felt right. Rainy and in the low 80s? That's not the 2008 Camp I know. Any practice I can't work on my farmer / Keen tan is for the birds.

With this being the last Camp entry, I was going to try and top yesterday's "Fan in shrimp boots" with a great video. Two years ago I received this great clip of 5 or 6 crazy costumed Saints fans. They were dancing in a Superdome tunnel, around a box one of them had apparently brought into the game. Most notably, one of these gyrating gentleman was dressed head-to-toe as Darth Vader - complete with helmet painted as a Saints helmet. Unfortunately, when you click on that particular link in 2008 it reads, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Universal Music Group." The song they were dancing to: 1999. Thanks Prince. I'm sure they were making a killing off that.

Nonetheless, I found this cool shot. And don't go too far, the season hasn't even started yet.


2 comments:

DOAMFOAMER said...

Thanks for the first hand accounts throughout camp. I'm buying you a Newcastle first time I see you in the dome.

LeFleur's de Lis said...

I will gladly drink said Newcastle. Check back during the season, too.